[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_post_title _builder_version=”3.0.76″ title=”on” meta=”off” author=”on” date=”on” categories=”on” comments=”on” featured_image=”off” featured_placement=”below” text_color=”dark” text_background=”off” border_style=”solid” module_id=”customposttitle” /][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.76″ background_layout=”light” border_style=”solid” module_id=”blogtext1″]
Hey Glam’friends! Guess what? It is officially Fall!!! I am so excited! Fall is my favorite time of the year!!!!!! What’s not to love about Fall? There’s the changing of the leaves, cooler weather, UGGS, pumpkin spice everything, bonfires, apple picking, Fall decor and of course my two favorite holidays…Halloween and my birthday! And yes, my birthday is considered a holiday!
To get the most out of Fall, I thought it would be great to come up with Fall themed ways to get together with your girlfriends for a day/night in or out! There is just something warm and tingly about getting together with friends during this time!
1. Picnic & Apple Picking-Get the girls together, pack a picnic basket with fabulous food, dessert and a few bottles of wine and head to the apple orchard! Don’t forget the comfy wool blanket for the ground!
2. Clothing & Jewelry Swap Party-It’s almost time to pack up the summer clothes and break out the Fall sweaters, jeans, skirts, tights, scarves etc. I don’t know about you but every year, I go shopping to pick up a few Fall wardrobe pieces and accessories but I got to thinking. What about a swap party? Invite your girls over and tell them to bring Fall clothing and jewelry that they don’t want anymore and have a swap party! Don’t forget the wine and snacks!
3. Backyard Movie Night-Going to the drive-in as a child was one of the best times ever! And since it was outdoors, we would go in the Spring or Fall when it’s not so hot. Well drive-ins are almost obsolete now and in some areas, unsafe. So why not put that big backyard to use! Set up a projector, screen, and invite your girls over. Tell them don’t forget their blankets and pillows. You could set up a table for the “concession” stand with $1 box candy, popcorn, hot dogs, and nachos!
4. Pumpkin Party-We all know that Fall is synonymous with all things pumpkin! Why not host a pumpkin party where you and your girls can carve and decorate pumpkins, bake pumpkin desserts and sip on pumpkin spiced drinks!
5. Fall Home Decorating Party-Every year I plan to decorate my house in Fall decor……and…..every year, I don’t get around to it! Well why not host a party?!?! Find some fabulous Fall home decorating ideas on Pinterest or head on over to your favorite decor store (mine are Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Home Goods) and buy your decor. Provide Fall themed food and drinks and decorate away!
6. Pinterest Party-Who doesn’t love Pinterest? Pinterest has some of the best recipes, DIY decor ideas, and other Fall themed crafts. Invite the girls over and tell them to each find a DIY activity related to Fall, bring the materials and a dish to share and you have yourself a party!!! This could definitely turn into an all day party depending on the number of people in attendance and the complexity of the DIY, so keep that in mind!
7. Oktoberfest-Now unless you have a trip planned already, I think it’s safe to say you won’t be traveling to Germany for Oktoberfest so why not have your own Oktoberfest themed party! There are tons of ideas online for decorating ideas. Good Housekeeping created 8 fun and simple steps for hosting your Oktoberfest themed party. I won’t list each of the 8 steps but you can find them here instead http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/party-ideas/g1264/oktoberfest-party/
8. Halloween Party-I saved the best for last. Of course one of the best things about Fall is Halloween! Throw a cute Halloween for your girls! It doesn’t have to be a huge, expensive bash unless you want it to be. That is the great thing about Halloween, you can do so much for almost any budget!